GRAND STRAND HEART and VASCULAR SPECIALIST
933 Medical Circle
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
Phone: (843) 497-7772
Fax: (843) 467-7627
Welcome to our practice
You, the patient, are the most important person in our office. We are committed to providing you with the best possible medical care. Excellence is our goal. We have worked to provide a full range of services and have a highly trained staff.
Please do not hesitate to ask us any questions about your health plan or medical care
Phones: Telephones are answered:
|9:00am - 5:00pm||9:00am - 5:00pm||9:00am - 5:00pm||9:00am - 5:00pm||9:00am - 4:00pm|
Emergencies: For life-threatening situations, call 911. If you have an urgent problem, please call our office for instructions. After hours, our answering service will inform you of how to reach a physician on call.
Test Results: For test results call (843) 497-7772.
Prescriptions: All prescriptions and refill requests should be requested during normal office hours.
For an appointment please call (843) 497-7772
- Please call in advance for routine office visits. Make follow-up appointments as you leave. We make every effort to stay on schedule, although emergencies arise. If we are seriously delayed, we attempt to notify patients beforehand.
- Please arrive 30-45 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to complete necessary paperwork.
- Before your appointment, we will have requested medical records from your referring doctor. Please make sure that your referring physician has sent these necessary records to our office and that all x-ray films or discs related to this referral are delivered to our office by the Friday prior to your appointment for review, otherwise your appointment will be rescheduled.
- Unless arrangements have been made in advance, co-payments, co-insurance, and any outstanding balances are expected at the time of service. Patients may be financially responsible for payment of all services even if their insurance company does not pay. Patient accounts not paid promptly are subject to third party collections and/or legal procedures.
- If we are not participating providers with your plan, we will provide you with a receipt for you to file with your insurance company.
- Any check returned from the bank will result in an additional charge that will appear on your account
- If your insurance carrier has not responded to a claim within 90 days, we reserve the right to formally transfer all associated liability for the claim to the patient/guarantor. Failure to promptly resolve this balance may result in third party collection and/or legal procedures be taken. We realize that emergencies do arise that may affect timely payment of your account. If such cases do occur, please contact a patient accounts representative at (888) 422-7720.
- Please always notify our office of any change in name, address, phone or insurance information.
- Prior to your appointment, please check your insurance information so you will be informed about referrals, copayments, and any deductible required at the time of the visit. We also accept: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- For your first visit, please bring your insurance card and arrive early to complete the necessary patient information forms.
- We accept Medicare as well as most insurers, however, please review all insurance information with our staff prior to services being rendered.
- Your health insurance contract is between you and your insurance company. Any complaints regarding your coverage should be directed to your carrier.
- Referrals: Please allow 48 hours for referral processing. If you are being referred, please be sure to bring the referral with you at the time of office check-in.
What do we need from you?
- To inform the Medical Practice staff of any pertinent changes in insurance, employment, demographic information or relationships with other care/service givers.
- To arrive on time for scheduled appointments and cancel, when necessary, with a phone call.
- To provide payment for services requested and delivered by the Medical Practice not covered by insurance within 90 days.
- To notify the Medical Practice of any change in his/her health status
- To follow the recommended treatment plan and inform the Medical Practice of any physical or mental impairment requiring special accommodation.
- To ask questions if directions and procedures are not understood.
What should you expect from us?
- To be treated with respect, dignity and be informed of his/her care needs to make appropriate decisions.
- Help plan his/her care and make changes to it
- Expect that teaching materials will be provided in a manner he/she can understand.
- To be informed of the Medical Practice billing process.
- To have his/her records keep confidential except when consent has been given.
- To expect services to be professional, timely and appropriate.
- To communicate his/her complaints to the Medical Practice Manager and expect to receive follow-up without negative repercussions or changes in service.
- To receive care without discrimination due to race, religion, age, sex, disability or ethnic origin.